Planet99 Guide to
Bars and Restaurants
CenturyIndex Guide to
Chicago singles ...
Click here to see
what you're missing!
Foundation Underpinning Project: Preparation
- Get the incoming water lines marked. Call 312-744-7000, tell them you need a Water
Department Digger Ticket. Explain that you need the water lines marked, for some foundation
work. They will give you a Digger #. Call 630-739-0546 and give them the Digger #.
- Have the outgoing sewer lines marked .. have an experienced plumber use a sewer-cam to plot
the entrance and exit point of the sewer lines. Usually in a straight line from the catch
basin to the street.
- Have a Plat of Survey drawn up, ALTA/ACSM style.
- If plans for the building are not available, hire a crew to do exploratory excavation.
- Have them dig two holes, 2' wide, at least 6 inches deeper than the foot of the foundation.
It is critical that the nature of the foundation (stone,brick,concrete) be established.
Choose your contractors with care, we chose
Atlas Restoration for our project. Would we recommend them? Click
here to see the result of the work.